The lumps and bumps that form in our fatty bits are known as Cellulite - why, why did they put the 'lite' bit in there? It just doesn't feel right, ammiright?
Cellulite is what happens when fat cells get overly full of waste. Essentially storage pods for things your body can't process right away, fat cells fill up with excess energy from food, excess byproducts of medications, pollution, the rubbish of life that your liver may be a little overrun to deal with just right now. The body pops it there for safe storage away from the heart and major organs, intending to get back to it later.
Later being sometime in the future when the liver gets a break, the excessive onslaught of calories slows down, and the body is moving around... but that time doesn't always come. So the fat cells get full and they push up against the skin surface.
The dimples you get are because there are little ropes of fibres anchoring the skin down to the deep layers under the fat. These stay tight pulling down in between the swollen fat pockets.
The only way to get rid of cellulite is to reduce what is stored in the fat cell.
Our treatments aim to make the fat cell more squishy & permeable using radio waves. Our technology then gives the fat cell a good squeeze, pushing the stored wastes out into the surrounding tissue. It gets picked up by your lymphatic system, a network of tubes running through your body which are specifically responsible for draining away waste particles too big for the blood vessels to take.
It gets drained to lymph nodes located in the groin, underarms and the upper chest, where it is filtered and removed from your body via urine.
In this way, the highest tech cellulite treatments are using your own natural removal systems to enhance the self-cleaning of the body.
Cellulite reduction takes time, dedication and repeat treatment, but the results are oh-so-worth it.
Suggested lifestyle advice:
- Reduce intake of sugar, salt and processed foods.
- Increase intake of fresh vegetables & filtered water.
- Move your body for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, all exercise from gym to walking is suitable and effective.
- Brush your body using a Bestow Dry Body Brush from the ankles and wrists towards your heart, once a day, to encourage lumphatic drainage from the upper tissues.
- Book The Body Shaper cellulite treatment once week for a course of 10 treatments initially, then maintain with monthly treatmenst until you are maintaining a smooth tissue free of bumps
- Get 8 hours sleep a night to keep your cortisol hormones down, which are a big contributor towards inflammation and cellulite formation
- Consider taking The Beauty Powder, a product we sell, rich in green plants like kale compound & spirulina. These help your liver to detoxify excess hormones, which might otherwise be stored in your fat cells.
- Love your body, it's the only one you have!
See the Body Shaper menu here